Monday, 18 April 2011

Dagger KITH knife part 4

The dyeing of the hessian worked (I think) so I started making the 'micarta' (using the same method that I used in my second post) . After I had seven layers of hessian I covered them with a piece of clingfilm , positioned the blade in the middle and then covered it with some more clingfilm .

I then put another seven layers on top of that.

Into the press and clamps for a few hours .

After a few hours and a bit of a clean up and trim
This might be seen as cheating but it seemed easier than chiseling out a groove for the tang. The next step will be shaping the handle and gluing it all together 

1 comment: