Tuesday 12 April 2011

An hour in my garage part 4

The fiber liners are stuck on the scales and need to be shaped . I use my grinder to remove the excess and then re drill the holes . I also drill a few holes through the liners and into wood to give the epoxy some more purchase








All glued and pinned












All clamped up












Now the skinner is ready for the next step












I shape the end of the handle first using the work table on the grinder set at the same angle that I used when i ground the tang. the next four photos show the shaping of the handle , Its all done on the grinder on the slack part of the belt




















I gave it a quick dip in Danish oil just to see what the grain is going to look like , and it shows up the scratches . Once the oil has dried I will start hand sanding .  

No comments:

Post a Comment